Sunday, December 18, 2005

2005 Christmas Party!

***Feb 21 update: More pictures! (Scroll down for the links to the old pictures)

000_0371brighterDuring my two years as house manager of Lambda Iota Society, my favorite time of year was December and January, when the students were gone and I could do some partying of my own with the whole mansion to myself. When I moved out about two and a half months ago, I thought that era was over, but in the interim after I moved out but before they were able to find a new manager, I helped them out enough (especially with getting the ancient heating system ready for winter) that I decided I should feel free to ask if I could use the place for a church Christmas Party once again. The answer was a pretty emphatic "yes".

This year was especially fun because this was the first Christmas party since my church officially started up its singles ministry, which we call "college and career" group. Being on the leadership team of this has been a lot of fun, and it's stayed remarkably free of a "meat market" feel. So this was the official church singles ministry Christmas party... yep, a dance party in a frat house, gasp gasp! We weren't allowed to spike the eggnog this year though. In fact, we didn't even have eggnog. Oh well, can't have everything!

So here's what we did:

  • 7PM to 7:45 arrival, hangout, etc.

  • 7:45 to 8PM Christmas readings. Someone read a short advent reading about the history of Christmas and debate over the actual date of Christ's birth and possible reasons for choosing the month and date of the holiday and for choosing the year we chose for 1AD, which is most likely not the actual year Christ was born. Then someone else read Matthew's account of Christ's birth, and another read the story of Jesus and Nicodemus from John 3. Then I read another advent reading about the purpose of Jesus (a bit of the easter story) which was to save us from sin and make possible eternal life for all who believe in him.

  • 8PM to 9PM swing dance lessons from a professional-type swing dance guy

  • 9PM to 1AMish dancing, pool, hangout, whatever


  • Here's the pics I took. Unfortunately I forgot to take any until much of the action was over. Fortunately, lots of other people took digital photos so maybe I can post those soon if I can get them to email them to me:


  • Founders Room Pics

  • Foyer and Library Pics
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your Pictures are great! You guys look as if you had a ball!
    Hugs
    M

    December 18, 2005  
    Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

    Thanks! I suppose, technically speaking, we did have a ball :)

    December 18, 2005  
    Blogger Linda said...

    Andy.. Cool pics. We wish we could have been there. I heard it was a BLAST! You should email your url to crew.. i'm sure they would love to see them.

    January 14, 2006  
    Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

    Wow! The bloggers are coming out of the woodwork :) Thanks for looking. Bummer you couldn't make it! I'm hoping to do it again next year, and get it on the calendar before the homegroups have a chance to. :) We'll see.

    January 14, 2006  

    Post a Comment