Wednesday, June 28, 2006

New Hampshire Wedding (Peter and Betsy)

betsynpeter2My 2006 wedding organ-playing gig was in Lyme, New Hampshire this past Saturday. A great time! While I was practicing, I was thinking my days of playing for weddings for free would be over after this. That final week was some grueling practice! (And I really needed more, will make sure to start sooner next time!) But then the weekend started, and it quickly all seemed worth it, as it always does. There's nothing like a Christian wedding. From now on I'm going to play at all the Christian weddings I can (for people I know at least). I didn't know very many people there, but most of the people had something in common... they belonged to the family of God, and you could tell. I didn't know a single person at my table at the rehearsal dinner, but by the end of the dinner, I did. Great fun. The highlight of the whole weekend was being invited to stay nextdoor to the church with an old GMS friend and his wife (Alasdair and Lauren) and hang out with their other guests. I only knew the hosts, and that only from our 9 week summer training program in 2003, but everyone took an interest in me and I felt totally included even though I was the stranger. And foosball! What a great 3 games of foosball! (Didn't hurt that Alasdair and I cleaned house). :-)

Coolest one-degree-of-separation story... one of the people I met at the rehearsal dinner table is a recent Dartmouth grad who will be starting a job as tutor for Bruce Springsteen's kids... how cool is that? A Christian teaching those kids? What if Bruce Springsteen becomes a believer?? Hey, dare to think and pray big!

So anyway, as is often the case I was a dunce and didn't use my camera at the wedding, but here's some cool stuff:

  • Pictures of Peter and Betsy in our GMS 2003 days: clickclickclickclick

  • And here's the cool ox cart I got to bring home: clickhereclickhere
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment